Know that feeling we would have felt if the Redskins lost to the Texans? We didn't escape it. It was delayed it until the team played the Titans. I checked the schedule and there are no more teams with names starting with "T" on the schedule. The curse is lifted. However, we'll remember the Titans all winter.
So how will the Skins do the rest of the year?
- Upset the Colts. Just go with me on this, OK.
- Beat the Cowboys at home.
- @ the Eagles; mmmm no.
- @ the Buccaneers, a win; but, after the Titans, don't bet the house.
- Lose to the Panthers. That'll ruin the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Beat the Falcons - if they patch the craters in the run defense! Could also be they beat the Panthers and lose to the Falcons. I don't see a sweep of these two.
- Beat the Eagles at home.
- @ the Saints. Remember how we chalked this up as a win. Uh-uh.
- @ the Rams. I want to believe, but the Rams are playing better.
- Beat the Giants.
The Redskins have to go 9-1 the rest of the way to take the division, overcome tie-breakers and win home field for at least one playoff game. That's not impossible for talented, hard working players still trying to make a go of it. This is still the team that convincingly beat a good Jaguars squad. After the preseason, four regular season disappointments and with the remaining schedule, this shapes up to be an 8-8 year.
Maybe it's that Titans name, but just now, I feel like I'm on the
I'll be sober in the morning.
Oh, what the hell; TEN AND O, OR WE DON'T GO!