Sunday, February 25, 2007

Nash, Tomlinson



I am fond of saying "football is life" because the game provides numerous allegories on life's larger principals. Sometimes, life intrudes on football in tragic ways.

The Denver Broncos suffered another loss when back-up running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after appearing at a charity event he organized in St. Louis. No reports on cause of death yet, but this appears to be of natural causes. Only two months ago, Bronco defensive back Darrent Williams was a victim of a drive-by shooting.

Tragic. My sincere condolences to Mr. Nash's family and to the Denver Broncos organization.


The Associated Press quotes LaDanien Tomlinson as being "devastated" by the death of his father." The senior Tomlinson was a passenger in a truck that flipped over in a one vehicle accident.


"My father and I had a great relationship, and I am devastated by his passing," the NFL MVP said in a short statement issued Saturday afternoon. "I will miss him."



I can relate. When my father died, it felt like the whole universe was out of balance.



Sincerest sympathies to Mr. Tomlinson and his family.

Former Steeler OC Ken Whisenhunt says that Ben Rothlisberger's near fatal motorbike accident last summer affected his play in '06. "Whisenhunt admitted that looking back to the start of the season, Roethlisberger should have sat at least one more game before coming back."

I thought as much.

All this just goes to show that you only think you run your life.

May God have mercy.

No comments: