Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm ready for my close-up Mr. Steinberg.


The Washington Post's/DC Sportsblog Dan Steinberg posted a story today that Comcast SportsNet and The Post will collaborate on a new, DC area daily sports talk show beginning March 19. The show will air live Monday through Friday, 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM and will be simulcast on Comcast and www.washingtonpost.com.

The show will feature The Posts' stable of sportswriters, naturally, and Steinberg will appear three or four times a week initially, he thinks about two weeks.

Then, Steinberg drops this little bomblet: ". . . there is a very strong chance that Jamie Mottram (aka Mister Irrelevant) and I will collaborate on a regular feature to spotlight local sports bloggers. . . .

"And all you local sports bloggers, plan on hearing from me very soon."


Wha?

Mr. Irrelevent's take found here.

Photo: "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeVille." Gloria Swanson, Sunset Boulevard (1950)

No comments: