Sunday, July 30, 2006

Football At Last!


Redskins players report to training camp today. At last, the long offseason is over.

Joe Gibbs and crew reloaded this offense with magnum shot and brought in Al Saunders to take aim at the Super Bowl. The Redskins will go deep in the playoffs, provided they avoid devastating injuries like the Browns suffered when LeCharles Bentley injured his knee on the second day of training camp. Cleveland fans are convinced that God hates them.

This year, I'm keeping every ticket stub and saving every GAMEDAY magazine. This is the year we've been waiting for!

I lived for years in Minneapolis, wonderful place Minneapolis, and occasionally glance at the Vikings. I think the purple people are in for a rough season. Fans will point to every reason but the real one, questionable decisions of the Vikings new owner, Zygi Wilf. Something about that term "triangle of authority" rubs me wrong. Wilf strikes me as making poorer owner decisions than Daniel Snyder did in 1999-2000. But, I live a thousand miles away now (997 miles house-to-house) and am not a close observer anymore.

Tags:



No comments: